Long time no see or speak - have a good spring / summer of fishing

NilsC

Website
www.ultimatekayakfishing.com
How are you all doing, is everyone fishing - or planning the next trip? Here it's been a wash out and if it can stop raining the wind is blowing 25 to 35 miles an hour. 1 week of river fishing this spring for stripers, then we had a storm that lasted for a week and the river rose 16 feet and now it's still as high as it was during the spring snow melt. I don't think there will be much river fishing this year, I think the muddy waters keep baitfish and stripers in the sound.

Last weekend was our annual kayak fishing tournament - another rainy windy weekend. The few brave souls who ventured out where fightng the wind and rain more than fish.

I hope this weekend is a little better with less wind. Rain don't bother me - I got the rain gear. Wind is another story, it tires you out fast.

I hope everyone have a safe summer with a lot of fishing. Anyone taking a trip over the dam and want to hook up for some fishing from shore, kayak or boat send me an email and I think we can find some fish-able waters.

Nils

Hi Nils,

thanks for your good wishes for a successful fishing season. In fact I am preparing the next vacation in Norway already – we start with 4 friends to the beautiful Island of Hitra in July. Fishing in Norway so far has been a mix of everything. A long winter was followed by some nice days during May. One “Naffen” – Group just returned from near Tromsö. In one week they had only 3 days fishing because of bad winds during the rest of the Time. The catches also varies from region to region and depending heavily on the local circumstances and weather situations.

B.T.W, do you understand a little bit of german and is it possible for you to follow some of the Topics discussed in the Forum ?

Hope you gonna have a nice weekend with less winds, so fishing is more fun and relaxing. I always stick to the motto “A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work” :baby:

Hitra is a beautiful place, some nice fishing around there if weather permits. Since I have not been back to Norway for close to 20 years I have no idea what fishing is like there anymore.

As for German - I'm reading the topics but it's so long since I used any of it that it's hard. The online translators help but it's time consuming. I come and check the english speaking forum and that is about it. BTW, don't feel bad - I have a hard time with the norwegian speaking forums also :D

Nils

Makrelen-Christian, thanks. I'm looking forward to see the pictures and read the stories.

Alexander Perte, nice to be back again. It's been a busy winter / spring. Weather is not cooperating but we had one good night last weekend with the biggest striper caught close to 50 lb and almost 130cm long she was a beauty and we released her hoping she'll be back in the fall weighing more than the magic 50lbs :)

Nils

Hi Nils,

as promised earlier, here a some pictures and a nice report written by my friend Michael aka "Bromsenkönig" ( only in German, sorry )

http://www.michael-becker-reisen.de/germany/sourcen/rb_hitra_dolmoy2006.htmlhttp://www.michael-becker-reisen.de/...olmoy2006.html

Summary: We did not catch as expected, the two warm weeks before heaten up the coastal waters too much. There were also too much small "Sej" around, so the big cods were totally full and didn't liked our bait.

We had to charter a bigger boat in order to reach open waters, and so at least everyone of us get his "Big one". We keep tryin again next year !

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hi, Nils.
Nice to see you're still around.
We've had the hottest summer in southern Norway for 105 years this year, and that affects fish as well as people. Now it's finally started to rain, temp's are back to normal and salmon and seatrout are finally starting on their way up the rivers.

Vi snakkes

redneck

Oben